Why Play?



GAMES I MADE







1. Start here at this Hackpad started by Terry Elliott: https://hackpad.com/LevelUp-with-MetaGame-How-to-Make-a-Game-of-the-Call-to-Make-Games-for-Week-Three-of-CLMOOC-kZS0isYLCsD (Genre: Terry's own)
2. I created this Swiss Cheese Game with a Cred.ly badge to go with it all. (Genre: Hide and Seek)
3. And this Pick Your Words (Genre:  )
4. Created some QR-lickers 'big cousin' to the Plickers in response to the Twitter prompt about documenting the "Rules of the Game" during a Marco or maybe it was the Polo shout-out. Here are 3 possible answers, which one will you pick?
 

GAMES I PLAYED


1. Life is a Game with Tania Sheko

2. #celebrateteachers (record a response and tag a few others), kicked off by Kevin Hodgson



3. Marco Polo and I've got the badge to prove it!
4. A Fantastic 5 on a Friday (#F5F) turned into a game suggested by Wendy Eiteljorg. I was thinking about framing new ideas in digital spaces, opening spaces, looking beyond the things that are typed and connecting the natural world with the digital age.


THINGS I'VE PICKED UP ALONG THE WAY - FOR PONDERING

1. Games as a kinetic system - Monica Muller (https://hackpad.com/Pick-Your-Words-RthwuzNQxN0)
2. I watched this one: What is a Game

3. That got me thinking about the Tao of Pooh and wondered what the old bear would think of making games. I think he would say "it's about time for a little something".
4. Which lead me to The Tao of Game Design - Know Thyself and Know Thy Player.
5. Heaps more stuff, reminder to self - check the G+ Community for more links and ideas.


Comments