Messing with the Message and Feeding Forward


Using Visual Poetry tool to mess with the message

From Terry's post, he threw out an invitation to mess with his message. I created an eMess above. I made my coffee brew, sat down and contemplated this invitation. Why would I bother? What's in it for me? What could I learn?

Then from my Twitter feed I saw a link to Stephen Downes recent presentation on Connectivism, MOOCs and Innovation. His keynote presentation was embedded and I started to flip through. Slide 13 caught my eye (not just the cat!).
Stephen Downes (2016)

In the Connected Learning MOOC (#CLMOOC) I have been doing a fair bit of aggregation and a bit of remix. The next step as suggested above, is re-purposing. Terry mentioned "moving away from the tool" and I see that as the next step after 'playing'. Faced with the Visual Poetry tool is one thing but what I would like to do is use this to re-purpose Terry's message.

This tool could be used for Language and Literacy purposes. Keeping people engaged as they struggle with a new language through play. It could also be used for children. From simple vocabulary there could be very interesting drawings created. For myself I like that fact of being able to put words into a different angle, pattern and colour. It helps the brain to think around the corners of the very familiar word structures.

To answer my own questions: I bothered! It's not all about me, maybe someone else might benefit from my own learning. I really like the learning process as described by Downes (2016) and want to see how this can play out in the future.

My next challenge is how to feed this forward. This process of blogging is the best way I know how (for now) as it can reach into vast corners of the interconnected web that we may never reach into with our bare head or hands.

Comments